A prominent local financial institution is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of a Data Migration ETL Developer.
The Data Migration ETL Developer (Project) is responsible for supporting the efficient and timely rollout of a software solution. Reporting to the Technical Lead, the incumbent is required to develop programs that transform data extracted from legacy systems into formats that can be imported into new systems. The actual import may involve a complete automation or hybrid of manual and automated data entry and in either case subject to verification. The incumbent is also required to develop verification tools.
The position availability is project driven.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2 – 3 years experience in data mapping.
- Exposure to systems conversion exercises.
- Project Team experience.
Specific Knowledge Required
- Sound knowledge of database and data structures.
- Knowledge of banking operations and products.
- Knowledge of banking and software programs.
- Proficiency in documentation of system requirements.
- Proficiency in documentation of test plans.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Well organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables and deliver required results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly confidential.
- Good time management.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours including weekends in order to meet deadlines.
- Access to software providers to obtain specifications for data load.
- Access to legacy systems, vendors of legacy systems and users to obtain specifications for data extraction and verification of data load.
- Provide inputs for inclusion in systems test planning and application deployment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes estimates of effort required to complete assigned tasks and communicates same to supervisor.
- Reads and interprets the data import requirements.
- Develops and tests tools to extract data from legacy systems.
- Develops and tests tools to transform extracted data for import into new systems.
- Develops and tests tools that support import or manual data entry into new systems.
- Develops and tests tools for verification of extracted data.
- Develops and tests tools for verification of imported data.
- Provides courteous support to users of the tools developed.
- Ensures that in the case of manual load, the input sheet provided as a tool supports efficient manual data entry by aligning the fields on the input sheet to the fields on the input screen.
- Provides inputs to the testing teams for incorporation in test planning.
- Participates in reviews of issues and user acceptance test results giving timely and useful feedback to the test manager and the project team.
- Provides first level support for users during the project’s warranty phase.
- Provides inputs for collation of lessons learned.
- Maintains accurate and secure documentation on all assignments and project related activities.
- Performs other duties as determined by the supervisor or his/her designate for the efficient execution of the project.