The Data Migration Specialist is responsible for executing complex data migration services that meet the diverse data needs of our clients. This will include but is not limited to extracting, transforming, and loading large and disparate data sets. The Data Migration Specialist will use their product knowledge, industry experience and advanced technical skills to support various roles and departments in our pursuit of client success. Data Migration Specialists seek to consistently improve the tools and processes required to successfully migrate intricate client data as well as own documentation and training for these tools and processes.
- Use advanced technical skills, industry knowledge and custom tools to efficiently migrate 3rd party and client data into Dude Solutions software.
- Work directly with client technical resources and Dude Solutions implementation teams to effectively coordinate each migration project to completion.
- Monitor all work for quality while troubleshooting and resolving errors as need be.
- Assess the necessary requirements to execute data services and anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
- Create and articulate thorough and innovative strategies and plans for complex data needs.
- Provide custom data service quotes and execute upon subsequent confirmation.
- System thinker that can understand complex concepts and apply new information quickly.
- Responsible for process documentation and case management via CRM software as it pertains to data-related activities.
- Communicate process successes and failures to internal and external stakeholders to identify potential areas of improvement.
- This requires cross-departmental collaboration.
- Work with industry-standard ETL tools to build on and improve a library of data connections.
- Provide valuable feedback on client data management processes across Dude Solutions.
- Facilitate team member onboarding and process documentation/improvement. Assist in examining and expanding new use-case scenarios for ETL tools and processes.
Requirements and Skills
- Advanced SQL proficiency, experience with SQL Server, and deep-rooted understanding of data relationships and objects within RDBMS.
- Knowledge in integration development using processes and tools (Talend, Jenkins, etc.)
- Power User knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with various data stores (CSV, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Experience working with APIs in a SaaS or data management environment
- Reports development experience (SSRS, Exago, Logi, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with other departments and teams
- Strong problem-solving mentality
- Adept client-facing communication skills
- Commitment to outcomes that promote client success
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent time and project coordination skills
- Takes initiative for self-development and exhibits an eagerness for learning and sharing new processes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, 3+ years of relevant work experience