Lead Electrical Designer/Engineering Manager
The Electrical Designer is responsible for the production of electrical models and drawings in accordance with project requirements under the supervision of the Lead Electrical Designer.
- Produce and maintain technical and engineering drawings using 2D/3D CAD software as required.
- Produce designs and drawings for electrical systems, i.e. motor control centre schematic diagrams, protection block diagrams, cable schedules, single line drawings, power distribution layouts, general arrangement drawings and grounding/earthing designs.
- Complete cable tray/rack routing and design 3D modelling.
- Apply the requirements of IEC/IEEE/or local codes/standards as applicable to the respective project in executing electrical design work.
- Check drawings prior to release.
- Ensure coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines.
- Perform clash detection of models with other discipline models.
- In conjunction with electrical engineering staff, produce detailed engineering drawings and documentation for identified and approved concepts/projects.
- Participation in formal engineering review processes.
- Verify on-site condition and dimensions relating to existing facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical engineering diploma from a recognised college.
- Minimum of five years electrical design experience.
- Experience within a large-projects such as mining, power, petrochemical and refinery industries, in multi-disciplinary EPCM environment.
- Ability to design in a 3D environment.
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good safety awareness.
- Professional engineering technician registration with the local governing engineering council or institution.
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.