A prestigious bank is looking for The Specialist, Helpdesk & Incident is a dedicated point-of-contact for all IT users for incident reporting and service requests. The incumbent keeps users abreast of changes, critical incidents and problems, new releases and provides first-line support for all incidents and requests originating from the support and use of local and wide-area networks, PC clients, network servers, applications, and hosts in all branches and units within the region with emphasis on restoring service or servicing requests as quickly as possible within SLA guidelines. Performs all work as per industry best practices to maintain confidentiality, availability, and integrity of all systems, networks, and data and continuously controls costs while improving service levels.
- Provides first-line support for all incidents and requests originating from the support/use of LANs, WANs, desktop infrastructure, applications, servers, hosts, and telephone systems needed to support the institution across the region, as per service level agreements.
- Participates in incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management and service level management processes and the helpdesk function.
- Ensures that all work performed adheres to best practices in order to ensure the end-to-end confidentiality, availability, and integrity of the Bank’s data.
- Ensures that incidents or logs are assessed within SLA and forwarded to the appropriate resolver group. Escalates and reports on outstanding logs/requests.
- Ensures that all incidents/requests experienced by users are logged and subsequently resolved to the satisfaction of the business.
- Provides clients with a detailed factual explanation of recommended actions and verifies their understanding of the issues and course of action.
- Ensures that all logs are updated regularly (as outlined in the service level agreement) and that users are provided with detailed updates on their logs/requests.
- Ensures that through constant follow-up, incidents/requests logged by users are resolved in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the business.
- Ensures that incidents/requests are properly documented with details of the incident/request, its impact on the business, root cause and steps to resolve.
- Ensures that high-impact incidents/problems reported are escalated in a timely manner (as outlined in the service level agreement) to the incident management team or appropriate resolver group.
- Participates in the preparation of management statistical reports as required.
- Ensures that service levels are met by constantly monitoring outstanding incidents and responding in a timely manner to user queries.
Bachelors in similar field is preferred.