Piping and Instrumentation Diagram Coordinator
The role of the Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) Designer is to produce quality engineering drawings and documentation for projects in accordance with Hatch standards and workflows. is responsible for the production of mechanical layouts, models and drawings in accordance with project requirements under the supervision of the Lead Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Designer is required to apply experience and specialized/advanced engineering principles at conceptual level.
- Layout and draft quality Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Assign line classifications, line identifications and insulation codes to all piping systems in accordance with piping engineer requirements.
- Generate piping lists.
- Review P&IDs for conformance with the piping material specifications.
- Process, verify and synchronize P&IDs into Data Manager.
- Translate process information into intelligent computer designed P&IDs.
- Review and update drawings in accordance with the lead discipline engineer and design requirements.
- Report and correct errors in accordance with Hatch guidelines.
- Provide equipment descriptions on drawings for major components.
- Verify appropriate tagging in accordance with the Asset Tagging and Identification standard.
- Adhere to and promote the Hatch corporate safety culture.
- Create and maintain master stick files and history folders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma of Engineering or equivalent (mechanical preferred).
- Experience in the current version of use Bentley PlantSpace, P&ID design series, Bentley ProjectWise, Bentley MicroStation and Bentley Data Manager.
- Good understanding of Hatch Health, Safety, Environmental and Community (HSEC) policy and standards.
- Knowledge of check print procedures.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Ability to work under supervision.
- Understanding of intelligent P&ID.
- Multidisciplinary coordination skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of valves, piping and instrumentation components and equipment.
- ProjectWise skills.