Lead Piping Designer
The Piping Designer is responsible for the production of Piping 3D models and 2D deliverables in accordance with Project requirements and Company standards. Technical guidance is provided by supervisory level designers and engineers.
- Adhere to and promote the Company safety culture.
- 3D piping design and modelling to meet Company quality standards.
- Develop engineering design details and special items drawings.
- Layout piping and provide input to mechanical equipment location.
- Perform design for piping/mechanical plant models using project specifications/procedures and applying industry best practice.
- Use Vendor drawings and information sheets to develop the model.
- Develop piping Material Take Offs (MTOs).
- Ensure coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines.
- Perform clash detection of models with other discipline models.
- Annotation of 2D drawings extracted from the 3D model.
- Locate standard pipe supports in the model and design special pipe supports with Stress Engineer’s input.
- Participation in formal design review processes.
- Prepare stress sketches.
- Extract ISOs.
- Produce piping General Arrangement (GA) and equipment location drawings.
- P&IDs design and review.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technology Diploma or equivalent (Mechanical preferred).
- Minimum of five years piping design experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of the Company HSEC policy and standards.
- Design and modelling skills in a 3D environment.
- Working knowledge of piping components and materials.
- Ability to take instruction and work unsupervised.
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and codes as required for piping design.
- Experience with isometric production control and monitoring.
- Good understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Proficient in the use of 2D CAD systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Company design systems and workflows as they relate to the Piping practice.
- Experience with Bentley and/or Intergraph 3D design systems.
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
- Experience within a large-project, multi-disciplinary EPCM environment.
- Site experience in a piping technical role.