Lead Process Engineer
The Process Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services and/or field support. The role will require the engineer to develop solutions in all areas of the process plant across various systems, unit operations and process equipment. Specific tasks include the development of process engineering deliverables; solutions to infield problems; and involvement in the execution and commissioning of these solutions.
- Define the process design basis.
- Define the process block flow diagram and unit operations.
- Identify and scope process test work.
- Define the process design criteria.
- Identify process flow sheet and equipment options for aspects of the process flow sheet and undertake trade off studies to resolve options.
- Develop the chemical process definition and generate and appropriately document flow sheets.
- Select the equipment for projects.
- Develop mass and energy balances.
- Input to capacity studies.
- Carryout engineering design calculations and equipment sizing calculations.
- Prepare technical analysis of process equipment including technical details and duties.
- Design of the process control logic adhering to appropriate safety standards, and documentation into Functional Descriptions.
- Contribute to hazard studies.
- Compiles operating cost estimates including estimation of consumables, labor, maintenance materials and power.
- Provide input to capital cost estimates.
- Prepare well written project reports.
- Ensure process specifications portray the appropriate information and design intent.
- Process review of equipment bids.
- Involvement in commissioning of equipment and systems.
- Provide process engineering input to piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance from the Lead Process Engineer on unusual or complex problems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Chemical engineering, metallurgy, mineral processing, chemistry degree, or other relevant degree.
- Well developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Process engineering experience either in process operations or engineering contracting/consultancy organizations.
- Experience with working on a major project in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Technical exposure to the process technologies related to the project.
- Understanding of Hatch systems and workflows in the execution of projects.
- Understanding of procurement, contracting and commissioning methodologies.
- Understanding of interdisciplinary dependencies related to the discipline.
- Strong client focus.