Lead Systems and Process Control Engineer
The Systems and Process Control (S&PC) Designer is responsible for the production of S&PC models and drawings in accordance with project requirements under the supervision of the S&PC project leadership. The Systems and Process Control Designer is required to apply specialized and/or advanced engineering principles at conceptual and detailed design level.
- Coordinate the work of draftspersons and senior draftspersons in the preparation of contract drawings, record keeping and other statistical work.
- Produce and maintain technical and engineering drawings using 2D or 3D CAD software as required.
- Assist with the development of Piping and Instrumentation Designs (P&ID) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD).
- Design and maintain instrument lists, loop drawings, termination schedules, Motor Control Circuit (MCC) configuration and control panel arrangements.
- Perform conceptual layout work.
- Assist in review and design of vendor package interfaces.
- Develop design details to meet project specific and Hatch design criteria and standards.
- Check drawings prior to release.
- Ensure coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines.
- Perform clash detection of models with other discipline models.
- In conjunction with engineering staff, prepare design concepts for both internal and client review.
- In conjunction with engineering staff, produce detailed engineering drawings and documentation for identified and approved concepts/projects.
- Participation in formal engineering review processes.
- Comply with Hatch Engineering Change Notice procedure.
- Verify onsite condition and dimensions relating to existing facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering diploma or college diploma or equivalent electronics/instrumentation tertiary training.
- Minimum of five years S&PC design experience.
- Experience within a large project, multidisciplinary EPCM environment.
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements and interfaces.
- Proficient in the use of Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPIN)/Intools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good safety awareness.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Professional registration with the regional engineering body/council as a professional technician/designer.
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
- Ability to design in a 3D environment.
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation.
- S&PC site experience.