A prominent local financial institution is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and skilled candidate to fill the role of a Technical Lead
- Act as Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the project, maintaining a full understanding of the Business Requirements and how they are supported by the overall solution being delivered.
- Provide guidance and direction to the project team on the Bank’s technical procedures and processes, standards, and integration requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with Solution Vendors’ technical counterparts in order to facilitate open communication on projects.
- Accountable for delivering solution designs that conform to agreed solution architectures and technology standards and mitigates risks.
- Responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring delivered solutions meet business, technical, and quality requirements.
- Accountable for delivering Technical Documentation, such as solution design description, operational support guide, etc.
Skills and Knowledge
- Technical expertise or familiarity compatible with solutions to be delivered.
- Leadership skills.
- Relationship building skills.
- Time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to think “outside the box”
- Displays corporate behaviours: Agility, Collaboration, Integrity, Ownership, Urgency
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Technical role or in IT related project management.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s Standards and key processes including, Gating, Change Mgmt, SCM, Incident & Problem Mgmt, Environment setup.
- Knowledge of EDF fundamentals, stages and objectives.
- Knowledge of software development and integration technologies, frameworks and methodologies, such as DevOps (DevSecOps), APIs, ETL, Agile delivery methodology.
- Other specialized knowledge (business or technical) depending on the nature of the initiative.
- Build and/or Lead the Technical Team on projects responsible for development and/or delivery of solutions.
- Identify Technical Team resourcing requirements for projects and provide details to the Project Manager to secure the resources.
- Mentor junior Technical Team members with the assistance of the Project Manager / Architect.
- Maintain Technical Team effectiveness and morale.
- Responsible for the quality and on-time delivery of agreed technical deliverable
- Proactively identify and/or promptly escalate to the Project Manager risks and issues affecting product delivery, delivery schedule, and build quality.
- Identify, liaise with, and follow through with the relevant parties to address technical issues on the project.
- Assist with problem analysis and defect resolution.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field