A prominent local financial institution is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of a Test Manager
- The Test Manager will be accountable for end-to-end test management across the SDLC and automation.
- On assigned projects, lead all activities involved in the testing process, including strategy, planning, execution, quality assessment and issue resolution.
- In this role, the Test Manager will be responsible for designing, planning, and executing processes to continually improve conditions for functional and nonfunctional testing, across the organization
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Organizing the testing process
- Planning, coordination, and control of the various test activities
- Development and definition of suitable test methods
- Estimation of resources and test effort to deliver test scope
- Technical management and control of the testing team
- Documentation of the test activities and preparation of the results
- Monitor issues/ defects for trends and provide metrics to the project management team.
- Ensuring high-quality products are delivered to clients
- Lead a high performing cross functional team of Test Resources, with the required leadership, influence and analytical skills
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time
Minimum Experience Required
- A minimum 8 years’ working experience in software QA/ Test/ SDET/ Automation.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as a Test Manager with experience building and managing a test team.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as a Test Manager with experience building and managing a test team
- Certification in ISTQB would be an asset
- Familiar with tools, such as Rational Quality Manager (RQM), qTest, or Test Complete
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
Hours of Work
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
Location of Services
Except as otherwise agreed by the parties in writing, all services performed hereunder shall be performed on-site at Kingston, Jamaica